Licensing (was Re: [Asterisk-Dev] voicemail message number limits)

dking at pimpsoft.com dking at pimpsoft.com
Thu Jul 29 12:50:41 MST 2004

I'm not a troll. I'm trying to help. The reason I had to stop was I
had to be out of my house for safety reasons due to a freon-30
leaking fridge, or so I was told.

If I am misunderstanding things then so be it, but I honestly am
trying to help the community by getting rid of any possible
copyright/licensing conflicts and allot of alarms are going off in my
head because of the current implementation and my prior experience in
these matters; I do not want the community to get the short end of
the stick like I did.

If You really want to prove your good intentions then free the
copyright to asterisk and put it under the public domain. The code
will stay gpl and threads like this will have no reason to exist.