[Asterisk-Dev] UK Caller ID patch and new CVS

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Jul 22 09:57:59 MST 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 11:25, matt.riddell at sineapps.com wrote:
> It's still pretty crap that we all bought X100P cards that Digium
> must have known would not work in our market, only to be told that we
> will have to buy new cards, and that the old ones are only usefull as
> paperweights...

"Must have known"?  Considering that every country seems to have its
own standard for telephone service, it's a pretty broad statement to
suggest that Digium could have or should have known how CallerID worked
in the UK when they designed the X100P, much less when they began to get
demand for the cards in multiple foreign countries.

Besides, your X100P isn't losing functionality.  You'll simply have the same
problems that you always have had.

--
Tilghman