[Asterisk-Dev] PRI Error with EWSD Switch

Klaus-Peter Junghanns kpj at junghanns.net
Mon Jul 19 14:24:28 MST 2004

Am Mo, 2004-07-19 um 23.12 schrieb Alfred Certain:
> Hi,
>
> We are looking for someone using Asterisk and PRI (E100P Cards) with EWSD
> Siemens
> Switch.

I dont work with E100P cards, but i got both of my hands very deep into
zaptel, libpri and chan_zap.

> Currently we have the follow error on a Production Asterisk System (Recent CVS):
>
> Jul  1 15:40:37 NOTICE[90123]: chan_zap.c:6872 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: 8 on
> Primary D-channel of span 1
>
> This is NOT a timming or slip error because we allready tested it with special
> equipment, We even made some tests with an ISDN Tester and we have some traces
> for the curious one.

I think this is a bad checksum for the layer 2 (hdlc) frame. It is
the result of the zaptel ioctl (ZT_GETEVENT). See zaptel.h:
/* Ret. Value for GET/WAIT Event, Bad FCS */
#define ZT_EVENT_BADFCS 8

and chan_zap.c:
res = ioctl(pri->fds[which], ZT_GETEVENT, &x);
if (x)
 ast_log(LOG_NOTICE, "PRI got event: %d on %s D-channel of span %d\n",
x, pri_order(which), pri->span);

> At the same time you see the ERROR you can hear some CLICK's and POP's on the
> call, but eventually all B channels are dropped and calls losted.

If it's not a timing or frame slip error how can you get clicks and pops
on a digital interface???

> After the tests we believe the following is happening:
>
> 1-EWSD Public Switch send a message asterisk doesn't understand (PACKAGE TOO
> LARGE says the PRI-Intense Debug).

Can you send me the intense debug, please=

> 2-Asterisk sends a RESTART CHANNEL message to EWSD Switch
> 3-EWSD sends a RESTART ACK message to asterisk (and all calls are dropped)
>
> Already tested: Cables, E100P card (we tested four dfts cards), Server (Dell
> PowerEdge 600SC and HP Proliant ML100), CVS Source Code (Several versions),
> Timming (all options), Asterisk Switchtype (EuroISDN is the best one and the
> PSTN uses EuroISDN version 5).
>
> Any idea? Anyone experienced this kind of problem before?
>
> Thanks,

best regards

Klaus
--
Klaus-Peter Junghanns

CEO, CTO
Junghanns.NET GmbH
Breite Strasse 13a - 12167 Berlin - Germany
fon: (de) +49 30 79705390
fon: (uk) +44 870 1244692
fax: (de) +49 30 79705391
iaxtel: 1-700-157-8753