[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Asterisk Book Reviewer

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Jul 16 11:13:07 MST 2004

On Friday 16 July 2004 12:50, dking at pimpsoft.com wrote:
> On 16 Jul 2004 at 12:04, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > On Friday 16 July 2004 08:30, Louay Fatoohi wrote:
> > > Packt Publishing is in the process of developing a book about Asterisk,
> > > and we are looking for experienced users of Asterisk to act as
> > > technical reviewers. I have seen some of your posts to the Asterisk
> > > user mailing list and I am therefore writing to ask if you would be
> > > interested in becoming a technical reviewer for the book. If you are
> > > interested in this project, please let me know and I will give you more
> > > information.
> >
> > http://www.brucelawson.co.uk/archive0401.htm#pp
> >
> > I won't do work for Packt Publishing.
>
> I don't think anyone would want to after the sh*t they put there
> people through.
>
> http://www.brucelawson.co.uk/dave.htm

Yeah, the point of copying the list is that I'm probably not the only person
he contacted, and I wanted to make sure everybody understood that there
are reasons not to work with them.

And just in case the publisher reads this in the archives, the solution to
this universal animosity is to pay the authors screwed in the Wrox Press
bankruptcy all the royalties that were due them, even if Packt isn't legally
required to.  That would go a long way to cure the bad blood between
technical authors and the management of Packt.

--
Tilghman