[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Asterisk-Users] ASTCC: Asterisk Calling Card Solution

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Jul 14 04:50:00 MST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Mark Spencer wrote:

> I am hereby announcing the immediate availablity of ASTCC for *alpha*
> testing.  ASTCC is an AGI script and CGI script which greatly simplifies
> the task of creating a calling card application on Asterisk.  Just check
> it out of Asterisk CVS as module astcc:
>
> export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot
> cvs login    (password is anoncvs)
> cvs co astcc
>
> ASTCC is, of course, distributed under GNU GPL.  I hope you enjoy!

Hi,

Great stuff - and more accessible than app_prepaid.

Here's what I noticed whilst installing it:

astcc.agi needs chmod +x

in the Makefile I had to change the "html" subdirectory to "htdocs".  I'm
on Gentoo.  I added an HTMLDIR setting at the top of the Makefile.

I had to CPAN in some perl modules: DBI/DBD - perhaps a list of what's
needed in a README?  This is a new box, I presume most people will already
have them though.

I had to fetch the AGI.pm stuff - perhaps a similar pointer in the README.

An example of what to put in the astcc-exten.conf file?  Might save some
"it doesn't work" posts to asterisk-users.

Ideas for improvement so far:

 - Add a trunk technology "LOCAL" - allowing tinkering in the
   extensions.conf with the outgoing calls

 - Might be nice to "tag" a card with the brand it was made for.
   When you are issuing a new user with a card, how do you find
   the right one?  And is it correct design that the markup is
   fixed at the time the card is created, rather than collected
   from the brand row as the credit is spent?

Steve