[Asterisk-Dev] Turning off RFC 3265 in Asterisk

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Jul 12 23:12:27 MST 2004

Kevin Walsh wrote:

> Alex Chun [achun at zhone.com] wrote:
>
>>I've tried asking this on the user list and did not get a response, so
>>I'm asking here now.
>>
>>I'm working with an IAD that is not RFC 3265 compliant.
>>
>>After registration, Asterisk sends NOTIFY message.
>>
>>My IAD doesn't know what to do with the NOTIFY.
>>
>>Is there a way to turn off 3265 and have Asterisk be only 3261 compliant?
>>

> There are several ways to go about this:
>
>   * Ask Asterisk to remove support for published standards (or make
>     standards compliance optional).
>
>   * Ask the IAD provider to add support for published standards (or
>     use a different IAD).
>
>   * Hack the Asterisk/IAD code to make it do whatever you like.
>
> You can probably guess the preferred route from an Asterisk point of
> view.

You are assuming that Asterisk complies with published standards...

Interestingly enough, we send NOTIFY without having any SUBSCRIBE from the
phone, which is not an acceptable behaviour according to standard.
However, the phone should then answer us "481 Subscription does not exist"...
I guess both sides are having problems following the standard here.

Most phones accept these notifications anyway, so it's not a big
problem.

/O