[Asterisk-Dev] Creating Virtual PBX Partitions

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Mon Jul 12 06:55:50 MST 2004

>Setting accountcode in sip.conf doesn't work for you in this
>circumstance?  That can be used as a unique identifier, if I
>understand your question correctly.

Yes, that works, but I hate to take up a billing field with operational
data.  Clients may well want to use the accountcode field for a cost center
code or other non-unique value (i.e. everyone in Sales is given the Sales
cost center code).

I suppose I can use that until somebody complains that their CDR have "funny
data" in the account code.

I still think that this and other functions make it useful to know the
user/peer name.

S.