[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Code Flow

James H. Thompson jht at lj.net
Tue Jul 6 16:14:44 MST 2004

Running CTAGS (http://ctags.sourceforge.net/) on the Asterisk source then
List of editors supporting CTAGS: http://ctags.sourceforge.net/tools.html

Once you've done this, you can just highlight a variable and get a list of everywhere its used, or jump where its defined.
I've used jEdit (http://www.jedit.org/) this way on Windows, and it worked well.

These resourses from www.voip-info.org may also prove helpful:

Developer Resources
  a.. Asterisk Developer Guidelines: What to do to add to the project
  b.. Asterisk debugging: How to identify and backtrace an Asterisk problem
  c.. Asterisk bug tracker: Bug reporting and tracking, patches. Help test new features.
  d.. Asterisk Web CVS viewer (cache), updated daily
  e.. Asterisk Web Cross Referenced Source Code Viewer (cache)

Jim

James H. Thompson
jht at lava.net