[Asterisk-Dev] missing .gsm in VoiceMailMain(2)

Rob Gagnon rob at networkip.net
Tue Jul 6 13:22:06 MST 2004

Upon more investigation, the issue could be by design, but be a slightly
flawed design.  Here's how:

First,  the contents of the prompts in question:

"vm-password"   : "Password:"
"vm-incorrect"    :  "Login incorrect.  Mailbox: "

Now...  ast_streamfile() is working OK.  I think it is being abused here to
protect users from hearing a prompt when they should not.

If you place "ast_waitstream(chan, " "); into app_voicemail.c two lines
below where you find the text "vm-incorrect" you will see what happens.

Here is the code snippet after modification for testing:
===================================
      if (!valid) {
         if (useadsi)
            adsi_login(chan);
         if (ast_streamfile(chan, "vm-incorrect", chan->language))
            break;
         ast_waitstream(chan," ");   ////////////  This line added for
testing
      }
      logretries++;
===================================
To replicate:

- Dial in VoicemailMain(@context) or VoicemailMain()
- You hear the prompt for the mailbox and password.
- Enter a valid mailbox, but bad password
- You will hear the "vm-incorrect" prompt because ast_readstring is now
waiting to input the mailbox again

Now, the other way, to show the issue:
- Dial in VoicemailMain(mailbox at context)
- You hear the prompt for the password only
- Enter an invalid password
- If you used the insertion of "ast_waitstream" above, you will hear the
"vm-incorrect" prompt, but it is logically wrong since it asks you to enter
the mailbox at the end of the prompt, but it will not wait for that input.
It skips on to the "vm-password" prompt.
- If you use the code as-is in CVS, you see "vm-incorrect" noted as being
played at the CLI but you only hear the "vm-password" prompt because both
files were ast_streamfile()'d but the "vm-incorrect" file was not waited
for.  Sequential ast_streamfile()s without an ast_waitstream will only let
you hear the last file streamed

The solution is going to have to be two-fold:
1) The "vm-incorrect" prompt needs to be broken into two prompts:  One that
simply states "Login Incorrect", and another that states "Mailbox:"
2) Some logic will need to be placed around the playing of the
"vm-incorrect" prompt so that the optional new "Mailbox:" prompt is not
played if the mailbox was supplied in the mailbox at context format

Rob