[Asterisk-Dev] Half installed on Sparc: Drivers for FXO card refusing to install.

dking at pimpsoft.com dking at pimpsoft.com
Mon Jul 5 03:19:08 MST 2004

I was just able to install the Asterisk application on a Sparc Ultra
5 after allot of work.  The make files seem to take into account
every arch except for anything based on sparc. After I checked out a
copy from cvs earlier tonight and modified a number of makefiles it
DID compile and says that it is installed.

I'm running debian 3.0r2 stable on the Ultra Sparc 5.

The biggest problems I had was that its gcc states that the '-march='
system being used is invalid.  I suspect that is because it is
considered obsolete but I think if we split up the makefile variables
for this option into 2 instead of one with one being a compound of
the two, the system can be configured to work well on all
architectures.

Another thing that gave me trouble was the gsm code and the k6opts
files; This can be fixed by a few additions to the make file I
believe, I just took the references to this file out of the
gsm/Makefile.

I just tried to get my FXO card working and it seems that part of the
system is munged; depmod refuses to proc the modules on a ‘make
install’ of the zaptel files and modprobe says the files are not
there when I know damn well they are; this however is the only thing
that is refusing to install after my tweaking of the makefiles.

The errors I am getting from depmod for each file in the zaptel
codebase is:

depmod: ELF file /lib/modiles/2.4.19/misc/[file name] not for this
architecture

Yet I KNOW they are compiled correct and are 32 bit SPARC binaries.

So much for my dreams of a Sparc Based PBX, unless of course any of
you have a fix so I can get the drivers to load? Hopefully I'm asking
this in the right spot.

Has anyone else had any experience getting this working on a sparc,
or am I the first crazy enough to try with the spare time?

 - Duane