[Asterisk-Dev] channel driver sample - Coding/Transcoding/Conferences

Miroslav Nachev miro at space-comm.com
Sat Jul 3 00:12:29 MST 2004

Hello Jeremy,

   I think that the delay when is used the Host RAM for Switching is
not so big, but the flexibility comparing with integrated DSP for each
port (FXS, FXO, etc.) is high. In case that you have integrated DSP
there are cases when you don't need of DSP and in this case you can't
use this DSP for other purposes like transcoding and conferences. Also
in this case you have added constant latency in case that you use PCM
(64 Kb/s) instead G.729 for example.

--
Best regards,
 Miroslav                            mailto:miro at space-comm.com