[Asterisk-Dev] s100u fix?

asterisk at billheckel.com asterisk at billheckel.com
Sun Jan 25 20:41:10 MST 2004

If it is static, you may be able to set up a surge protection network.  Use a trio of MOV's of about
60v to ground and across the lines and a couple of 50 ohm resistors and a 1uf 100v mica capacitor
across the lines upstream of the resistors between the inbound lines and the S100.

This SHOULD dramatically improve the static susceptability of the device ( to static on the phone
lines themself ).  If it is static being sent in via shocks to the exterior wrap the entire S100
unit in aluminum foil, then tape then foil again and ground both foils using separate ground wires.

Bill