[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Iaxclient-devel] Possible Solution To IAX2 Client Inbound Call Bug

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Mon Jan 19 08:15:51 MST 2004

On Jan 18, 2004, at 11:23 PM, Mark Spencer wrote:

> is it confirmed then that this is not, in fact, a bug in libiax2 but in
> the application using it?  Are there any more patches for libiax2 that
> need to be merged?  It would be nice to make a release.

Mark,

	I don't know whether it is a big in libiax2 or a bug in the calling
code, because there's no documentation on how it is _supposed_ to work.
  It can be fixed in either side, however.

	To summarize, in the case of regular calls, the libiax2 seems to be
pretty good about handling sessions on it's own.  My client code needs
to also keep track of them, but never to destroy them.  In the case of
sessions used for registration, however, it appears that the session
should be destroyed once a registration reply (ack or rej) is received.
  Currently it is not, and what seems to be happening is that the remote
asterisk server seems to be re-using the callno/dcallno that refer to
that session, and the client library sees these new packets as being
out-of-order packets from the previous session.

	Currently, Steven Sokol has a fix for this which just calls
iax_destroy from the iaxclient library when we receive a registration
reply.  This is fine, but it is different than the way that sessions
are handled in other cases.  (we never call iax_destroy anywhere else).
  The alternative would be to fix it in libiax2, so that libiax2
destroys the session when the registration replies are seen.

-SteveK