[Asterisk-Dev] benevolent dictatorship, or inclusive developper community?

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Mon Jan 19 06:36:39 MST 2004

This probably a dead horse, but this showed up on another list I read
and I thought it might be of interest.

respectfully to all...

Dear all,

        I have just put online a survey addressing the topic of "good
leadership in the open-source environment". Basically, my objective is
to identify the personal conceptions of good leadership that reside in
the minds of the contributors, in terms of leaders' _behaviors_ and
_characteristics_.

What is a good open-source project leader, from the contributor's point
of view? To what extent, those personal believes are shared among
developers?
Can the contributor's national cultural belonging and level of
experience in contributing to open-source projects explain such
differences in their idea of what a good leader is?

I would really appreciate your participation to the survey! Contribution
(completely anonymous) consists in rating a list of statements that may
be used to describe the behaviors of an open-source leader. It will take
around ten minutes - there aren't any "time-consuming" open ended
questions;)

Following, the link to the survey:

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=49776

If you are interested, I will not miss to email you a link to the
final report, when ready  (approx, a couple of months from now)

Thank you in advance, and don't hesitate to contact me if you have
any questions or comments

Gianluca Bosco
g.bosco at GETRIDOFTHISinwind.it
Denmark Technical University
Department of manufacturing engineering and management