[Asterisk-Dev] Fax

Jason Penton j.penton at ru.ac.za
Tue Jan 13 03:08:47 MST 2004

Hi All

I have just a quick question regarding app_txfax for Asterisk.

When I send a fax from asterisk to a traditional fax machine
connected to asterisk via the digium analog card everything
works perfectly. However the same fax machine on the public
telephoine network results in errors (looks like some sort of
training error).

My asterisk box is connected to the pstn using an ISDN card.
I don't mind trying to fix this myself but I am puzzled by
the different behavior experienced when the fax machine is on
the digium card and when it is connected to our public
carrier, and therefore have no idea where to start. Would
someone (Steve Underwood ;-) )mind at least putting me on the
right track so I can address this issue?

Thanks in advance Steve
Jason