[Asterisk-Dev] PRI/T1-Signaling

Alfred R. Nurnberger alfred at flosys.com
Fri Jan 9 08:15:43 MST 2004

I started looking into * a coouple of weeks ago. I do work on T1/PRI
interfaces - stacks etc. So I am a bit familiar with their capabilities.

1.) I wonder if it is possible to use the quite extensive signalling
features of ISDN / PRI with Asterisk.

    i.e. instead of  sending an inband Busy tone - send a DISCONNECT with
CAUSE Subscriber busy.
         or trigger USER-USER messages from *

2.)I haven't played with the T1 boards yet.
    Does the board support transmission of audio BEFORE answer ?
    This way * could send call progress tones to the network.

    From the network side audio transmission before answer is available on
most DID, T1 and PRI lines.
    We use it here on all 3 trunk types.

Regards