[Asterisk-Dev] benevolent dictatorship, or inclusive developper community?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 21:47:02 MST 2004

--- Darren Nickerson <darren.nickerson at ifax.com> wrote:

> ;-) I CAN say that frequent 'releases' and a well-monitored bugzilla,
> combined with a CVS tree that has no expectation of actually working,
> does
> seem to foster innovation and participation.
>
> At least it's worked well with HylaFAX (www.hylafax.org).
>
> Hackers like to see their hard work injected into CVS for a trial

One example of this:  The Wikki.

Notice how slow Asterisk documentation was in comming.  Months and
no updates to the users manual.  Then came a Wikki where _anyone_
could write a page and now there are hundres of pages, so many that
finding stuff takes a while.  Fix things up so people can contribute
and see the result of their contribution QUICKLY (in hours not
weeks or months) and things will grow fast.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550