[Asterisk-Dev] More AGI problems - fails to stream file

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sat Jan 3 13:32:55 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 14:14, Iain Stevenson wrote:
> --On Saturday, January 3, 2004 1:08 pm -0600 Steven Critchfield
> <critch at basesys.com> wrote:
>
> > Are you needing the audio data?
>
> I thought I needed to use EAGI for anything that would output sound.
> However, having hacked the test C eagi into an agi it seems not.

EAGI is for your application to be able to receive audio. The original
example was for extracting the audio so it could be passed to Sphinx for
speech recognition. Sending audio from your application itself is not
supported. You may however create a audio file and asterisk will play it
for you.

> > Have you seen if you experience the same
> > cutoff with AGI?
>
> So far, the playback seems to work :-)

Then it sounds like either you are getting to a point where buffering
was a problem with respect to you where not servicing the audio coming
to your application.

> > What is the response given when it cuts off?
>
> None - EAGI just returns at the cutoff.  There is no 'obvious' cause in the
> asterisk debug log.

Again, this is something I think is due to the audio buffer filling and
trying to signal your app to read it.

> > What type
> > of phone interface are you using?
>
> Grandstream and Cisco ATAs

Thanks for answering, but it was thrown in there to complete the
information pull, and it doesn't seem to be necessary anymore.