[Asterisk-Dev] Active call information

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Jan 3 10:01:48 MST 2004

On Saturday 03 January 2004 05:15, Venkat Venkataraju wrote:
> I'm going to write a cleint that connects to the manager and monitors
> the calls. i was wondering whether there is a way to login into the
> manager with encrypted password. if there is one, what protcol should
> i be using to send the password?

See manager.c for the full details, but it's essentially this:

Send "Action: Challenge" and "AuthType: MD5".  You'll receive back a
"Challenge:  somestring".  Create a MD5 hash of the somestring challenge
and your password.  Send "Action: Login", "AuthType: MD5",
"Username: myuser", "Key: md5hash".

-Tilghman

P.S.  No, I'm not a guru, I just read the source.