[Asterisk-Dev] Re: MeetMe max users and cutoff time

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Feb 26 15:18:06 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 15:35, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> In article <1077815104.5211.13.camel at critch>,
> Steven Critchfield <asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 10:34, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm working on a conference bridging application, which will update
> > > meetme.conf as conferences are created and deleted. I am planning to
> > > enhance the meetme.conf format to enable rooms to specify a maximum
> > > participant count (with a suitable message to excess participants).
> > >
> > > I'm also looking to specify an expiry time for a room, as either a
> > > "soft" expiry (no new participants can join after the expiry, but
> > > the existing members can continue till they leave), or a "hard"
> > > expiry (at the deadline, all participants receive a message and
> > > a hangup).
> > >
> > > I don't anticipate a problem implementing either of these, but I would
> > > be interested in people's thoughts as to the best approach.
> >
> > You can use Meetmecount to get number of users in a conference and are
> > able to use a goto to either enter a conference or not. Since you cane
> > do conditional gotos based on time already in the dial plan, that is
> > already covered.  Hard expiry could be dealt with by computing time and
> > setting a timeout or developing a side app that does a transfer on the
> > members via the manager interface at specified times.
>
> For fixed conference numbers that is true, but MeetMeCount needs a room
> number as an argument, within extensions.conf (AFAIK). I want one access
> extension for all conferences, and I call MeetMe without a room number,
> so that the caller is prompted for it interactively.
>
> The fact that meetme.conf is read afresh each time someone joins a
> conference is great - I can have a process that just rewrites the file
> each time a room needs to be created or deleted.
>
> But I don't see any way to use MeetMeCount in this context, which is
> why I'm thinking of enhancing the code. Similarly for conditional gotos
> based on time: I would need them to be room specific on a common extension.

This is why thorough knowledge of how to use the dial plan is essential
to doing work with asterisk.

[meetme-context]
exten => s,1,background(conf-prompt)
exten => t,1,goto(s,1) ; or more ideally invoke a loop count check

; conferences are a fixed length
exten => _XXXX,1,MeetmeCount(${EXTEN},var)
exten => _XXXX,2,Do a lookup based on size
exten => _XXXX,3,Do a lookup based on time
exten => _XXXX,4,backgroud(Welcome-to-conf)
exten => _XXXX,5,saynumber(${EXTEN})
exten => _XXXX,6,meetme($EXTEN})