[Asterisk-Dev] MeetMe max users and cutoff time

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Feb 26 10:05:05 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 10:34, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm working on a conference bridging application, which will update
> meetme.conf as conferences are created and deleted. I am planning to
> enhance the meetme.conf format to enable rooms to specify a maximum
> participant count (with a suitable message to excess participants).
>
> I'm also looking to specify an expiry time for a room, as either a
> "soft" expiry (no new participants can join after the expiry, but
> the existing members can continue till they leave), or a "hard"
> expiry (at the deadline, all participants receive a message and
> a hangup).
>
> I don't anticipate a problem implementing either of these, but I would
> be interested in people's thoughts as to the best approach.

You can use Meetmecount to get number of users in a conference and are
able to use a goto to either enter a conference or not. Since you cane
do conditional gotos based on time already in the dial plan, that is
already covered.  Hard expiry could be dealt with by computing time and
setting a timeout or developing a side app that does a transfer on the
members via the manager interface at specified times.

So other than the second option of the hard expiry, all this is doable
with no new code. Maybe not the nicest, but it is the most
configurable.