[Asterisk-Dev] cannot configure voicemail with mysql

atif atif at convergence.com.pk
Wed Feb 25 23:12:20 MST 2004

I need some tips on configuration of voicemail with mysql...

here is my voicemail.conf

**************************voicemail.conf***************************
[general]
dbhost=localhost
dbname=asteriskvmusers
dbuser=root

format=wav
serveremail=asterisk
attach=yes
maxmessage=60
maxgreet=60
maxlogins=3

[default]
1234 => 7654,Atif Rasheed,root at localhost
**************************voicemail.conf***************************

I have created the database"asteriskvmusers" in mysql and then created the table 'users' in that database.

mysql> select * from users;
+---------+---------+----------+--------------+----------------+-------+---------+----------------+
| context | mailbox | password | fullname     | email          | pager | options | stamp          |
+---------+---------+----------+--------------+----------------+-------+---------+----------------+
| default | 1234    | 7654     | Atif Rasheed | root at localhost |       |         | 00000000000000 |

but it's not working...i mean when I change the passward through the zap interface it is changed in the file 'voicemail.conf' but database is not effected at all...

one more thing which one is newer version, and has mysql support...
voicemail or voicemail2

can someone figure out this...
Thank you

--