[Asterisk-Dev] $50 BOUNTY RE: [Asterisk-Users] Agents / ackcall

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Mon Feb 23 07:23:42 MST 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> > The winner of the $50 bounty is... ME!
> >
> > I wrote the code myself. Maybe I had too much coffee, but once I got into
> > it, I couldn't stop. All told it was about 2 hours of me scratching my
> > head and trying to remember C programming basics from 10 years ago that
> > hasn't been touched in so long that it has cobwebs on it.
> >
> > I've updated the patch to add support for custom preackannounce
> > messages, configureable in the agents.conf file.
> >
> > The latest patch can be downloaded from:
> > http://www.nacs.net/~damin/agent-preack-announce.patch
>
> You might want to post your patch on bugs.digium.com, to ensure that it
> doesn't get forgotten, and give it a chance to get into the Asterisk
> source.

Already done.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001082

Although, I'm sure that it would be helpful to have some discussion about
how this is implemented to determine if there is a cleaner solution. I've
listed some potential changes to the patch that might make it more useful.
Discussion is welcome!

                             KP-216-121-ST