[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk not able to open the sound device

Mukul Prasad mukul_prasad at intersolutions.stpn.soft.net
Mon Feb 16 06:57:48 MST 2004

Hi all,

I am running Asterisk on Red Hat Linux 8, in CLI mode. Every time I start it
I get the following error message, although the sound driver is installed
propperly.
chan_oss.c:238 sound_thread:read error on sound device, resource temporarily
unavailable

I tried running it on another machine, and again the following error came
chan_oss.c:238 sound_thread:read error on sound device, device busy.

also when I try to make call between two gnophone using asterisk, the
terminating party
status becomes active while the originating party status show attempting
connection.
The media dosent get through.

Any help for this problem would be appreciated

Regards,
Mukul.