[Asterisk-Dev] Features requests on bugs.digium.com

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Fri Dec 31 11:51:44 MST 2004

On 2004.12.31 10:26 Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> If your friend can develop a patch to allow Asterisk to detect fax
> machines
> which aren't sending the CNG tone

No need to quote me T.30.  I've read it, numerous times... as boring as
that may sound.

And oh, it's sending fax tones.  No mistake about that.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002165

Anyway, the way this bug was handled was a simple illustration of the
problem... don't get caught up in the details of the example.

Comments like, "Fax detect doesn't work with all fax machines", which
merely reiterate the problem without a proposed solution only seems to
indicate that the bug has safe harbor in the project.  Saying, "Fax
detect doesn't work with all fax machines" and then closing the bug is
a life insurance policy for the bug.

Those comments and the way the bug was handled is what I am trying to
illustrate here.

Lee.