[Asterisk-Dev] TDM04b failures (xpost on purpose)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Dec 30 18:57:37 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 18:47 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> Dec 30 15:54:49 WARNING[10297]: Ignoring switchtype
> Dec 30 15:54:49 WARNING[10297]: Ignoring pridialplan
> Dec 30 15:54:49 WARNING[10297]: Ignoring signalling
> Dec 30 15:54:49 WARNING[10297]: Ignoring switchtype
> Dec 30 15:54:49 WARNING[10297]: Ignoring signalling
> Dec 30 15:54:49 WARNING[10297]: Ignoring switchtype

Those don't indicate a failure, it indicates a reload. That has been
covered multiple times in recent weeks.

> As a non-programmer, that would appear to be an issue likely related
> to the TDM driver (wctdm) and/or hardware. (Asterisk had been running
> for about two weeks since the drivers were last reload.)

Maybe if you are a non programmer, you should have thought about it not
belonging on -dev then. cross posting on purpose is not a way of getting
the proper attention. It screams that you are demanding help from
people ,who outside of Digium, are not going to see any compensation for
fixing your problem.

> I'm posting this to both -user and -dev in 'hopes' that maybe someone
> would help identify the TDM issues. There have been several people that
> have called Digium Support on this same issue over the last several
> months, yet the problem continues. And, I think we've all seen the
> recommendations from many on the list not to purchase the TDM card
> due to its problems; that's certainly not in the best interest of
> Digium nor the Asterisk project overall.

The TDM card is a small portion of deployments. There are many of us
with really stable systems. So yes it is probably important for Digium,
as for the rest of the programmers, you will find they are not likely to
have the hardware to even test the problem. So what do you think is a
proper way for the rest of the project to help you out if we don't own
the same hardware.

> Respectfully,

While you say that, it didn't seem that way in your post. You made a few
demands and came short of slinging mud.