[Asterisk-Dev] EAGI - Zombie Processes

Darren Sessions dsessions at ionosphere.net
Wed Dec 29 12:32:27 MST 2004

I've created an EAGI program and have noticed I am getting a lot of
<defunct> processes (all children, obviously, of the Asterisk process). I
based my program on the eagi_test.c program included with the source, and
thus, am exiting out the same was as the eagi_test.c program does with an
exit(0) or exit(1) - pretty simple stuff.

I've got * 1.0.3 up and running on a vanilla Suse Linux Enterprise Server
v9.0 box (2.6 Kernel).

The behavior of my program is flawless (in that, it follows the logic tree I
set forth for it), but I am concerned the zombie processes may be indicative
of some other problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

 - Darren