[Asterisk-Dev] CCXML Integration

Dorn Hetzel asterisk at dorn.hetzel.org
Tue Dec 28 14:33:07 MST 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 10:20:37PM +0100, c.lacetera at tin.it wrote:
> There are two non asterisk VXML project based on openVXI
>
> http://www.publicvoicexml.org
> *** have tts,but is still missing sip implementation only CAPU, but now
> is extendible by writing an extension class....

I haven't worked with this one, but will check it out...

> http://www.sipfoundry.org/sipXvxml/index.html
> ***is still in development, use sip, no tts/asr, I tryed it with asterisk
> without success...

I have got this working, after a *great* deal of effort, and
quite a bit of help from the relevant mailing lists.  I got
it working as part of the overall sipXpbx project, and did
manage to connect calls originating on my * test box to
the box running sipXpbx and have them get to the primary
auto-attendant VXML script.  It works, but it's got quite
a bit of overhead, which I am slowly working on figuring
out how much of which I can eliminate and still have something
that works ... :)

It's still a bit too tightly integrated with it's parent
project to be torn off and added to * at this point, but
that might be possible down the road.  It's definitely
one track I'm considering.  The parent sipXpbx has some
nice things about it, but where * took me an hour to get
up and running, sipXpbx took the best part of four months :(

-Dorn