[Asterisk-Dev] Adding a new channel

Ashhar Farhan farhan at phonestack.com
Sat Dec 25 21:06:16 MST 2004

hello all,

i have been using asterisk for over a year now in our voip network.
at the moment, we are using our SIP bridge to talk to asterisk however, we
are interested in writing a channel what can directly work with our
lightweight telephoney protocol
(http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=LTP).

can someone point me to the documents, headers of relevance? i understand
that it requires developing a module. i also understand that multiple
calls of a given protocol are handled by the same module instance.

i have the source code that i can compile. i am looking into the simpler
channels like oss (btw, i didn't find the source file for IXJ in the
latest tarball).

1) what are the public functions to be implemented?
2) how is media and signalling handled?

- farhan