[Asterisk-Dev] Help/hints for debug?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Dec 24 09:17:41 MST 2004

> > The majority of printk's in wctdm.c are not #ifdef'ed, so I guess the
> > statements are active in stock compile. Does that sound reasonable?
>
> No, look closer at the code :-) They are all protected by if statements
> that check a variable called "debug" to see if it is non-zero (or
> higher). That variable's value gets set by passing a parameter to the
> module when it is loaded... "debug=1" or higher.

Okay, I see those (and a few without the debug that appear to be init-type
messages). Any clue where I'd set 'debug=1'?

> > This happens to be a RHv9 machine. I see klogd is running and the syslog.conf
> > has the kern.* commented out. Is your best guess simply to uncomment that
> > line directing output to a file?
>
> That will also be necessary, yes.

Good, make that change and now see a few lines in /var/log/kernel associated
with the wctdm.c startup (apparently those printk's without the debug
wraps).

Looks like if I'd have a clue on the debug=1, I'd be off and running (or
guess I should say reading/analyzing). :)