[Asterisk-Dev] Help/hints for debug?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Fri Dec 24 08:30:44 MST 2004

Rich Adamson wrote:

> Looking at the wctdm.c code, I see lots of debug statements involving
> "printk". What is the proper way to turn on debugging for that module?
> (I've tried changing logger.conf to include debug and starting asterisk
> with a -d command line switch, but that does nothing for the wctdm module.)

This is a kernel module, so modifying the Asterisk configuration will
not affect it at all.

If the printk() function is being used, then the output is being sent to
the kernel log, and captured by klogd (or whatever equivalent you have
on your machine). There may be #ifdef wrappers around the printk()
function calls, though, if that is the case you'll need to recompile
with the appropriate value defined in the Makefile so that the module
will actually generate the log output.