[Asterisk-Dev] 3rd Party Call Control using Parlay

eric hernaez eric at telic.net
Tue Dec 21 21:51:14 MST 2004

Hi All,

I have seen a lot of posts on this list regarding the implementation of
a 3rd party call control API, none of which seem to have taken root.

My company - telic.net is interested in funding the development of a
module  that will implement the Parlay Multi Party Call Control service
(Part 4, sub-part 3 of the Parlay 4.1 spec), thereby allowing a Parlay
call control application to provide call control instructions to
asterisk sessions in real time.

The Parlay Group is an open multi-vendor consortium formed to develop
open technology-independent application programming interfaces (APIs)
enabling: technology, Internet and eBusiness companies, independent
software vendors (ISVs), software developers, network device vendors and
providers, service bureaus, application service providers (ASPs),
application suppliers, and large and small enterprises to develop
applications and technology solutions that operate across multiple
networking platform environments.  For more information see www.parlay.org.

We are open to either retaining a consultant to perform this work (if we
can find one that has the requisite experience) or offering a bounty to
the first contributor to come up with something that works.

I would appreciate getting feedback from the list about the best way to
approach this.