[Asterisk-Dev] RE: Welcome to the "Asterisk-Dev" mailing list(Digest mode)

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue Dec 21 10:41:24 MST 2004

Amar P Patel [amar at omalas.com] wrote:
> What voice over IP providers are recommended for use with Asterisk and
> Degium hardware?  I have searched on Google and found Vonage.  I want to
> setup a voice over IP phone line that rings into the Asterisk box.

VoIP providers will probably not care whether you have Degium (sic)
hardware or not.  This is mainly because you'll be using IP to connect
to them via your ordinary network card.  There are lots of VoIP
service providers.  Some of them are listed on the Wiki.

> Also, I want the phone call that forwards into the Asterisk box to be
> forwarded to one of a group of phone lines.  If the first number in the
> group is busy then I want the number to be forwarded to the second number
> in the group, and if the second number is busy, then the call should go
> to the third number in the group.  I know that Asterisk has call forward
> on no answer, and call forward on busy, but I do not know if Asterisk
> alone is sufficient to do what I need to, or do I require a specific
> voice over IP solution with the necessary features.

Asterisk can be set up to do that for you.

You might get better answers if (1) you post user-related questions
to the asterisk-users mail list, instead of to this Asterisk development
mail list, and (2) if you change the subject text when you post.
"Welcome to Asterisk-Dev" is not very helpful when deciding which
articles are worth reading, so it will probably be ignored by a lot
of people who might otherwise be able to help.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz