[Asterisk-Dev] 3rd party call control / CSTA , JTAPI orTAPIinterfaces

Jon Lawrence jon at lawrence.org.uk
Mon Dec 20 15:06:47 MST 2004

On Monday 20 December 2004 18:46, Schaefer, Mark wrote:
> Okay, I give up.  It seems the "new" thing for startup companies is to burn
> bridges with potential customers.  I thought that a smart bunch of
> developers would be interested in gleaning real-world requirements, but I
> guess it's more important to be right than employed.

I think you're a bit confused as to what Open Source software is.
Who/What are the start up companies you refer to.
I don't work for digium, I don't work for a VOIP company. Yes, I'm learning to
do some development with asterisk in order to implement the real world
requirements the I/my company requires. What ever 'real world' requirements
you're referring to are entirely yours to implement if you so wish :)

Some of my potential customers are those who want cheap calls via the
Internet.

> more important to be right than employed
I Don't understand what you mean by this. Do you want code written that's not
right ? - that's just plain stupid, if the code ain't right it won't work.
Whether the code I write is right don't overly effect my employment status.

If you need hooks (API or whatever) for a certain piece of software then
simply provide details of exactly what you need. If it's of interest to
developers then it'll get done (probably foc) if not then you're going to
have to tempt them with $$s.

Jon