[Asterisk-Dev] getting the dtmf values while in a bridged call

creslin at digium.com creslin at digium.com
Mon Dec 20 08:46:50 MST 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 10:18:38AM +0100, Wolfgang Pichler wrote:
> i've asked this question already some time ago - but i havn't yet got an
> answer (probably i was  unclear with my question).
>
> I've i write an application for asterisk which needs to get informed
> when the user presses a key on his phone while in a bridged call - is
> this then somehow possible ?

Yes, though there is not a "clean" API for doing it.

> Does there already exists an application which does something like this
> - so that i can look into this code ?

Basically, for any kind of DTMF detection that you need to do within a bridged
call you need to take a look at the codepath that starts from apps/app_dial.c
and goes to res/res_features.c and (probably also) channel.c

The functions that are involved are ast_bridge_call in res/res_features.c and
ast_channel_bridge in channel.c.  You might look at how the different flags
for app_dial work in these functions for refererence.

Good luck from there. :-)

Matthew Fredrickson