[Asterisk-Dev] UDP Problems with v1.0.3

Andrew McRory amcrory at linuxsys.com
Sun Dec 19 16:12:41 MST 2004

Thought I better ask here before submitting this as a bug (no answers to
my query on asterisk-users).

I am using safe_asterisk and it works great with CVS-HEAD. However, when I
switch to v1.0.3, asterisk will not load because of failures reading files
in /dev/zap. Running "chmod -R 770 /dev/zap" (chown asterisk.asterisk)
fixes the problem but SIP clients cannot register!

Running "netstat -ua" shows that packets are queuing up but they never go
anywhere:

----
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
udp    63980      0 phone.linuxsys.com:5060 *:*
----

Is this truly a bug or have I missed omething somewhere? BTW, This is on a
pretty plain installation of Fedora Core 1 with all updates including the
nptl.2199 kernel.

Thanks,

--
Andrew McRory - President/CTO