[Asterisk-Dev] Good quality iaxclient phone

Preston Garrison preston at mailblocks.com
Sat Dec 18 22:12:29 MST 2004

Hey have you g uys experienced the same quality problems I am having
with iaxclient.  My own windows softphone which i based on the
iaxclient lib as well as iaxcomm seems to have a sound like i am
talking in a tin can.  Incoming audio sounds fine.  Also if silence
supression is set to -99, it adds atleast a second of latency.  I
notice that iaxcomm has these latency all the time as well.  Has
everyone else experienced these problems, and are there ways of fixing
them?

Would it be better to write a SIP based phone?  And does anyone know of
any sip softphones available with source for windows?

Preston Garrison