[Asterisk-Dev] 16 KHz audio ?

Eric Bart btk-adm at byortek.com
Fri Dec 17 10:34:52 MST 2004

> >> I think the wideband version of iLBC is 24kbps.
> >
> >On my PC I have 4 DivX audio codecs for 44KHz : 32, 22, 20 and 16 Kbps
> >
> >I'm sure it's possible to get a streaming 24KHz bdwdth in 24kbps. However
> >maybe it's not available for a gnu software.
>
> And Microsoft has some really great codecs for audio too... you're point is?

It's possible to get a full audio spectrum in some kind of a dial-up Internet
connection.

The very point is that users will ask for Hi-FI phones. Why not try it
in IAX ? (at least with a poor codec in a private lan).

> What's the processing requirements for DivX?

It can be done in real time. However I don't know what is the best streaming
codec. I guess that DivX is not suitable for streaming.

> Where can I find a hard phone that supports any of these codecs?

Well the iaxcomm lib will have to support the new codec as the skype software
does with its own. Skype is also selling hard phones, isn't it ?