[Asterisk-Dev] Channel driver for Unistim...

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Thu Dec 16 21:15:20 MST 2004

 From what I've read, UNIStim is similar to MEGACO and therefor it might
be appropriate to start
with the MGCP driver.  The phone's brochure describes the protocol as a
subset of UNIStim.
But I have also seen descriptions of the phones that list it with MGCP
and H323 protocol.
Wouldn't it make sense then to load MGCP firmware into these phones
rather than develop
UNIStim?   Maybe not.
If someone can provide one or two Nortel phones for the development, I
can help you with
the effort pretty quickly and save a lot of the learning curve.
I looked at the provided server code, but I am wondering just how well
understood the protocol really is,
there are a lot of arrays of binary numbers instead of interpreted
structures. Has anyone made sense of them?
What is this server actually capable of at this point?
Are there some call flow examples already?  It would really be helpful
if the persons who "cracked"
the protocol could provide some documentation on the protocol or what
they learned so far.
Will Cedric Hans be involved to provide help?