[Asterisk-Dev] Status of zapata library ?

Shahed shahed at enoor.com
Thu Dec 16 22:07:25 MST 2004

Hi All,

I am aware that the zapata library is no longer used
directly by asterisk, but the links on zapatatelephony.org
still point to the asterisk ftp site.

When I looked at asterisk and the digium cards in early 2003,
I saw an API in zap.h  which had zap_play and zap_rec along with
other similar functions.

Now I can no longer find this interface.

If for some reason I want to interact with the digium card
that I purchased, without using asterisk, is there any simple API
which I can use ? Or do I have to make calls directly into the
zaptel driver using IOCTL's ??

Any pointers would be appriciated,

Thanks
Shahed