[Asterisk-Dev] SIP ACK sent to the wrong address - fixed?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 16 13:04:05 MST 2004

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002687

Current versions of chan_sip doesn't work properly when used with a SIP
proxy between your asterisk and the phone. We will send an INVITE to
the AOR, like sip:oej at edvina.net. In the 200 OK, one of my phones will
answer and deliver the address to that device. Asterisk will ignore
this and continue sending messages to oej at edvina.net instead of to
the phone. This is obviously very wrong.

You will not notice anything if your SIP phone is directly attached to
Asterisk, but as soon as you add a SIP proxy in between, like an
Ingate SIParator or Intertex IX66 outbound SIP proxy or any other
SIP proxy, you will notice this odd behaviour.

The patch I've uploaded seems to fix this. However, this is a
significant change in signalling, so I need help testing this,
both in situations where you do not use a SIP proxy and in
networks with a SIP proxy.

Thank you for your feedback!

/Olle