[Asterisk-Dev] ZAP Channel Maxout.

Gregory Junker gregory.junker at dayark.com
Mon Dec 13 17:01:37 MST 2004

I should clarify, that my experience is with a retail giant's national
call center, which handled 40 million calls per year by the time I left,
and we had 17 DS3 coming into the building, 7 of which were idle (thank
you MCI for your upselling, but I digress), and 2500 extensions, about
40% of which were assigned to actual call agents (the others were 384
VRU/IVR lines, and the rest were employee enxtensions), and probably
only 60% of those active at any given time (more during Christmas
season). For those doing the math, that is just under 1000 extensions
active at peak times (read: complete saturation of all live agents plus
all 384 VRU extensions), with reasonable estimates of maybe 100 on hold
at any given time. That means 1100 incoming calls, at peak seasonal
usage at the largest retail organization in the country.

So forgive me for believing that your estimate of 4800 lines needed is a
bit overoptimistic....

Greg