[Asterisk-Dev] New to Asterisk - questions

Schaefer, Mark Mark.Schaefer at ONSTAR.com
Mon Dec 13 14:59:32 MST 2004

If Asterisk is providing the switching capability, you can't release the resource from #1-3 without hanging up the call, which would hang it up on channel 4 as well.  There is a bounty on doing transfer signalling to the higher-level switch, but it looks like you want Asterisk to control T1#4, which would preclude that.

The general idea of what you're trying to do is covered by app_queue.  You should read the documentation.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com]
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 4:51 PM
To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Dev] New to Asterisk - questions

I am just learning about Asterisk....

My first (and main question before I dig much further) is:

Can I use Asterisk in the following way?

Server has 4 T1s on it......first 3 T1s handle inbound traffic and acts as a 'holding spot' or que until a line is available on T1 #4 (any channel that is avail)
If no channel available, can it hold in que (with a message) until a channel is avail?
Once channel is available, it sends the call to the avail channel on T1 #4 and releases the inbound channel in came in on, etc....

Thanks

Also...are there any 'step by step' IVR samples setup somewhere?  Can you write IVR data that is captured (be it voice rec. or DTMF) to a backend database, complete with ANI ??

Scott Ullmann
sullmann at telespectrum.com

  _____

Disclaimer: The information transmitted in this message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient of this message is prohibited.  If you receive this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system.
  _____