[Asterisk-Dev] coLinux / Asterisk / Console channel and /dev/dsp problem

Shahed Moolji shahed at enoor.com
Fri Dec 10 03:13:15 MST 2004

Hi All,

I tried to get  astwind running on my WinXP PC. (Debian FS)

I could get asterisk to compile and run, but it fails when it tries to
access /dev/dsp.
I wanted to run the sample application, which uses the console driver.

Now I know that coLinux does not support sound directly, but can be set up
"pipe" audio to a deamon (esd ??) running on the host, which interfaces to
the sound card.

Now, I also gathered that xmms etc can be configured to run in this mode.

However, is it possible to configure the console driver to use this mode ?
and
if so how ?

Any help would be highly appricated.

Thanks