[Asterisk-Dev] VoIP and Asterisk

Haroon.Ghaus at abacus-global.com Haroon.Ghaus at abacus-global.com
Thu Dec 9 05:56:52 MST 2004

Hi

I want to use Asterisk as a VoIP solution.

The clients will use my solution to talk to each other while being online.
The VoIP will be routed between he client using Asterisk. One other
functionality provided by asterisk would be to convert normal telephony
(PSTN) voice to VoIP. This will be used to route PSTN calls to the clients.

My questions are

1) Is such a solution framework possible?
2) How much effort would be required to build the client application that
will be used by the client to make calls to online user or receive VoIP
calls from asterisk (converted from PSTN voice).
3) What technology should I employ to build the application?
4) Do I need to build some API for asterisk to, or I just need to configure
Asterisk to make all this possible?

Regards
Haroon Ghaus
Senior Consultant