[Asterisk-Dev] Configuration

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Dec 8 07:05:48 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 14:18 +0100, Simon Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see that <asterisk/config.h> provides a way to get a bunch of
> statements from a flat file, however there is also stuff like
> res_config_odbc which would obviously not be supported then.
>
> What is the preferred way of accessing Asterisk configuration?

Depends on your needs and what you are doing. The historical way is via
the .conf files. Some people are trying to stick a lot of the data into
databases to deal with a couple of problems.

Maybe you could ask a better question by giving a better hint at what
you are trying to accomplish and therefore the answer can be better
tailored for you.