[Asterisk-Dev] Memory leak in ast_expr.y

Claude Klimos claude.klimos at aheeva.com
Tue Dec 7 12:04:44 MST 2004

Hi all,

We have been experiencing memory usage increasing in Asterisk, sometimes
reaching over 150MB. After compiling Asterisk with the MALLOC_DEBUG
option, I was able to see that some memory was allocated and never freed
in the ast_expr.y. Note that the leak is obvious because I do an
extensive usage of variable in the dialplan (GotoIf). Basically, I
noticed that the free_value() function frees the contents of the
structure 'struct val', but does not free the structure as is. I did the
followng modification to ast_expr.y and the leak seems to go away.

218,220d217
<
< if (vp)
< free (vp);