[Asterisk-Dev] PCI dev kit and UK analog phones

Shahed Moolji shahed at enoor.com
Mon Dec 6 05:02:15 MST 2004

Hi All,

I have just purchased a PCI dev kit with 1 fxs and 1 fxo interface.

I came across stuff on the web, that talked about adding capacitors to UK phones
in order to make them ring.

Also, I am not sure if the standard phone line wire will be compatible with the fxs
slot on the PCI card. (The one I will plug the cable that comes from the telephone company.)

Does anyone have experience with using this card in the UK for analog station and
line side interfaces ?

I know next to nothing about the wiring on telephones, and any help would
be highly appricated.

Thanks
Shahed