[Asterisk-Dev] a User base configuration system

Marc Olivier Chouinard mochouinard at m0c.com
Fri Dec 3 23:12:57 MST 2004

Hi all * Developpers,

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to developpe an res_users
type of application, that would help configure and manage users on a *
server. I'll show an example configuration file:

[mochouinard]
ugrpt=moctel
extension=604
username=${SELF}
password=damnsecure
vmpassword=123456
callerid="Marc Olivier Chouinard" <${SELF}>
accountcode=mochouinard

; Phones configs
phonenat=no
phonering=20 ; seconds

phonetemplate=cisco7960
phoneuser=>${SELF}cisco1

phonetemplate=polycomip500
phoneuser=>${SELF}sp500

[ptmpl-cisco7960]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833

[ptmpl-polycomip500]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833

[ugrp-moctel]
extstyle=NNN
trustedcontext=outgoing

So we can make it more complex, but it would be a easier step to manage
big system, you will have to only dial (user/604 at moctel) or something to
call all the extensions associated to it.

So you think it better to create a manager interface that can manage all
the different configs files instead ?

Marc