[Asterisk-Dev] Snom Programmable button Mini Howto and ringstate patch

David Hinkle hinkle at derbyworks.com
Tue Aug 31 10:47:54 MST 2004

I am interested in doing the button work for parking.  If I do do the
work it will almost certainly be a modification of asterisk's stock
parking application because I want to see the work make it into the core
application.

Current Problems that would need to be addressed to implement this:
	1. Parked extensions don't have a channel associated with them
so there is nothing to subscribe to the state of.
	2. You can't transfer a call to a particular parking extension
by transferring to it directly.

Solving 1 will also help the third party management apps, which would
like to monitor parked calls.

Solving 2 is an important usability issue.  A user wants to park a call
in a specific spot and then pick it up from there.  People build systems
about what kind of calls get parked on what lines.  Transferring to 700
and listening for the read back is kind of awkward.

If the valet application you're speaking of doesn't have these two
limitations than it will probably work already with the instructions I
provided before.

If the bounty gets high enough I might take a crack at the code this
week so I can take my girl out this weekend.

David